Sunday, March 16, 2008

You're two.... no three

Whenever I ask Faith how old she is going to be on her birthday she says three. No matter how much I tell her that she will be two she reminds me that she will be three. So as I thought about it I began to review her developmental screening that we had done the other day. She passed every aspect of the two, three, and some of the four year old milestones in language. Her cognitive screen displayed that she was functioning as a three year old along with her fine motor skills. So maybe, just maybe, this is why she thinks that she is three and not two. I personally like the Denver II screening however they had used the Bailey screen on her. She passed 13 out of 13 and then the lady recommended a different screening to take home with us. The lady in charge of preschool screening is going to see if Faith can join a Dial study with preschoolers this week. Faith will do great.

3 comments:

Forte said...

Hey! That sounds great:) She's a bright cookie, and I'm sure she'll do great on a Dial 3. We've found that Grace blows the doors off of most standardized screenings! :D
Forte

Gymnaste said...

Maybe they'll be similar after all

Forte said...

Hey, could be! They are related, after all;)
The actual odds of ending up with a "Grace" statistically, are about 1 in 10,000. (at least IQ wise;) )
I already hear Faith's wonderful verbal side! (Can't wait to have she and Grace play!!!)
Hug,
Forte