Toddler. Preschooler. Prekindergartener. Kindergartener. And now a first grader. Life moves forward.
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Sing...sing a song....sing out loud
That is how Big Bird sings. Anyone who knows Faith knows how much she loves to sing. Today it is not only the Beatles, sorry Pa Pa, but Bud's rock stations. She loves Yellow Submarine, Life goes on by Beatles, Don't Worry Be Happy, and The Witchdoctor. If I want to teach her something important I put it to a song. She has learned her full name, her age, her address, telephone number, and how to spell her name all to a song. It reminds me of when I was little and studying for a test. How did we all remember stuff? We put it to a rhyme and it was 10X easier. She will just make up songs and sing and sing. Sometimes I will ask her what she is singing and she will tell me, "Oh just a song about my cereal." It is the songs she makes up and then all the ones from her class and the ones from my class. Yesterday it was the Baby Bumblebee song. When it came to cleaning off her hands because she squished the bee in her hands, she began to pretend to lick it off. Thanks to her teacher for teaching her the song that way. Yuck!! Her song Don't worry Be happy has now enticed her to say "Don't worry mommy, it will be ok. It's alright" whenever I get upset. I never thought my two year old would be telling me it will be alright.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment