Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Last day as a two year old


So how did Faith spend her last day as a two year old? Well she started the day off in Grace's old cowgirl boots before she was even out of her pajamas. Stomp stomp she came walking down the hall. Faith, go get dressed before you put on your boots. These boots are her favorite. They are three sizes too big but she wears them everywhere, even to school. I made a word match for my kids at school today and of course she wanted to do it. So I called out the word and she found it on the paper. She did great at sounding simple stuff out. We watched Mickey Mouse and then headed off to feed the horses some carrots before we left for school. Her paper said she learned how to count to seven at school. I asked her teacher if she was serious. Faith counts past thirty and by tens. Please. She enjoyed running outside and playing with her glow stress ball with her friends and I. She was seen by herself most of the afternoon as she fluttered around like a fairy on the playground. Ms Jo Jo chased her around the playground and Faith hid behind the trashcan. Her and her friend played kitties too. I picked her up after school and we headed off to church. There she played Hi Ho Cherry O, drew on the white board and played ball some more with the girls. She squealed and enjoyed every last second of her last day as a two year old.

And you may ask, how is mom taking all this? I'm sad. She is growing so fast. As I was talking to her in the car, she asked me if I realized that she was not ready to go to bed. As it is 930pm and she is still not asleep, I say that she is too excited to sleep. Me, I have a boat load of stuff to do before tomorrow. There is just not enough time in the day sometimes. Goodnight Faith. Tomorrow is the start of a new day. A year of being three and a year of lots of changes. As she says, "Mommy I will enjoy being three." She knows she gets to start gymnastics now. I love you so much Faith. Goodnight my little two year old princess.

No comments: