Last Fall Faith and I cut some dried black eyed susans and purple coneflowers from a local public flower garden. It was our hope that in our new yard we would plant these seeds and watch the cycle of the plant start from the beginning. So often we can get plants that are already grown into a young plant. There is very little to do to them than other than plant and water. However, seeds can be a little bit trickier to grow. It is our hope that our work will pay off and we will be blessed with beautiful flowers for the summer. Bud tore up the back of the flower garden today. It was actually a rock bed but was not of very good practicality. I hope that this flower garden will turn out beautiful and filled with lots of colorful flowers. Faith separated all the seeds into individual seeds and spread them in the soil. I am going to give her her garden growing patch for Daisy scouts. She loves earning them for the back of her vest.
Toddler. Preschooler. Prekindergartener. Kindergartener. And now a first grader. Life moves forward.
Sunday, April 15, 2012
The cycle of a seed
Last Fall Faith and I cut some dried black eyed susans and purple coneflowers from a local public flower garden. It was our hope that in our new yard we would plant these seeds and watch the cycle of the plant start from the beginning. So often we can get plants that are already grown into a young plant. There is very little to do to them than other than plant and water. However, seeds can be a little bit trickier to grow. It is our hope that our work will pay off and we will be blessed with beautiful flowers for the summer. Bud tore up the back of the flower garden today. It was actually a rock bed but was not of very good practicality. I hope that this flower garden will turn out beautiful and filled with lots of colorful flowers. Faith separated all the seeds into individual seeds and spread them in the soil. I am going to give her her garden growing patch for Daisy scouts. She loves earning them for the back of her vest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment