Toddler. Preschooler. Prekindergartener. Kindergartener. And now a first grader. Life moves forward.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Fun in the leaves
Ever have one those Sundays where you just want to hang out with your family and not worry about anything else. Well, that is what I try to do every Sunday. I try to give all of my attention to my children and just hang out with them. This might mean chasing them around the house while trying to cut off their dragon and lion tails or it might mean dancing in our pajamas, playing boardgames or playing in the leaves like on this particular Sunday. Since we have no leaves in our yard we ventured over to our back neighbor Dorothy for some leaf fun. We raked up big piles of leaves and the next thing I knew, I was being attacked from both sides having leaves thrown on my head. I wanted to fight back but how could I take pictures of my troublesome kids enjoying themselves if I put down my camera. So I decided to snap a few of them throwing leaves on each other and then headed off to war. It was war!! I knew that I could outrun them and I knew that my arms were bigger and could carry more leaves than both of them combined. I thought I had a chance until I got tackled and taken down by both Champ and Faith. I love to play with them. They make me so happy. I wish I could just give them all the attention that they deserve all the time but I suppose than they wouldn't learn how to entertain themselves. We had fun on that Sunday. The crunch of the leaves and coolness of the air is a welcome note from nature to come enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment