Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Brownie pajama party

Faith's brownie troop went to a pajama party hosted by a girl scout troop earning their bronze award. Everyone had so much fun. I think what Faith enjoyed most was the cupcake. I wasn't there to see it but was told that she scarfed it down pretty quick. The girls made catnip mice for a local organization, made friendship bracelets, donated new pajamas to young children and teens, played bean bag toss and turned the lights off for a disco light dance party. I arrived just in time for this. Faith and I tore up the dance floor. Maybe me more than her. I can't say but I love dancing so that was my forte and better than a date night. Brownies is so much fun this year. Of course, I am co leader with Kaitlyn's mom, Cary, being leader. We have come together pretty good and are enjoying being with the girls. In two weeks the girls will finish up their first journey which results in four badges being earned and a community service activity being implemented. Faith is the only one from her school to be in this troop. The other girls all go to school together but I feel that Faith is included in the group. She just couldn't make it to Brownies here on the island with her gymnastics schedule. I can't wait for the next few months. We have so many fun activities and badge earning opportunities coming up. Also, cookie sales start in three weeks.

No comments: