Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A book worth a thousand hugs

Faith has always been into her books. She has had books read to her since the day she was brought home from the hospital. Recently she has taken a liking to "reading" them on her own. From the moment she wakes up in the morning till we leave for daycare, she is carrying around a book for me to read to her. She knows that she is supposed to sit on my lap when I read to her so she will try to give me the book and wait for me to sit with her. Here she comes and cuddles on my lap. She gives herself a little wiggle to get comfortable and listens to the story. After that one is done she will go find another one and then it is back to my lap. I really don't know how we ever get ready in the morning but somehow we manage and still read all morning. It starts all over when we get back home in the afternoon. Off to the bedroom to find her favorite story and then onto my lap or her daddy's lap. I love it that she enjoys them so much. I remember Grace , her cousin, reading and reading when she was little. I think they are very similar in a lot of ways. Today at school she was running down the hall to hug me. When I asked what she did she signed that she had read a book about a dog. She was so excited. Her teacher verifed that she did indeed read that story. A hug and cuddle for each story read; a total of one thousand for the day.

1 comment:

Forte said...

I agree! Carl and I see many similarities! They are most decidedly "cousins" and we hope that soon they will become friends as well!
Give her one of those hugs from us! After all, you have 999 left:D
Forte