Toddler. Preschooler. Prekindergartener. Kindergartener. And now a first grader. Life moves forward.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
A day with a friend
When work told me that I was going to be spending two days in class training and two days at the house with residents I had to quickly find someone to watch Faith on Thursdays. I looked to my friend from church who has two kids of her own; one being close to Faith's age. After a day filled with crying and terror of leaving Andma's house to playing babies with the 4 year old girl to being chased by a "big bad giant wolf", I would say that Faith had a good first day away from her mommy. I couldn't figure out what the whole big bad wolf thing was about. That was all she could talk about as I put her into her seat belt. She was not only telling me about it her little arms lifted up to the sky to represent the big wolf. She swung her arms back and forth as she simulated the running from him. I asked her if she read a story; she said, "no". I tried to name the stories of a wolf. "NO" she said. I decided to ask my friend. She laughed as she went on to tell me that the little boy, Calvin, chased Faith and Leah through the house pretending to be the big bad wolf. I thought I was going die from laughing. Faith doesn't get that type of excitement around here. I guess we can try. Today is Saturday and she is still talking about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is SO cute!!! :) She's just getting so BIG! Now she's telling you how her day went;)
Can't wait til you're nearer! Carl and I have been looking at the train. He says we can come down sometimes and hang out with you guys:)
Forte
Sounds great. Can't wait
Post a Comment