Recently I have seen just how obsessive Faith can be. If something is not done how it is supposed to be done she will have a fit. Some examples.... every night before bed she gets tucked in, if she doesn't have a small story right before the lights are turned off she cries because something was out of place. This is a story after storytime. Then if her blanket is not facing the right way, horizontal with flowers up, she asks me to turn it around the other way. If her toes are not covered or if she comes uncovered she figgets until the blanket is fixed. If she does not get a glass of milk at supper time. But milk is healthy she says. I can't change anything on her. She is set in a way to do things and that is what is comfortable. Last night there was no convincing her to stop with only one puzzle left to do, she told me that she had to finish all of them. I wish she could be half that obsessive on picking up her toys. Ok, just thought I'd try. A mom can always wish :-)
I think every one of her emotions is trying to come out. She is having a hard time dealing with them and often breaks down in the evening time. Nothing is wrong. Last night is was because she couldn't get the milk out and then it was because I put the chocolate pudding up. It was turning to milk. She didn't understand. I wish I could keep her home for a few days and just have some days of one on one time. I know that is what she needs. She loves school but she is not at home any to play. I try to just hold her when she gets upset. At first I tried ignoring however last night the hugging and holding worked better. Hopefully she will come around soon. I literally had to pull over the car on the way home last night and sit in the backseat with her to calm down. The reason she was so upset was that her stickers were on the floor and I couldn't give them to her. The drama of a two year old.
1 comment:
Good for you for holding your girl! She really doesn't seem the type to have drama "just because". When she's upset like that, it is because whatever it is is too big for her...she needs you:) It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it? I recall having to pull over quite a bit when Grace was little. Hug.
Tell her we love her, an we have a whole bunch of new books for her up here. ( Tryin g to figure out when/how to get them down! )
Forte
Post a Comment