Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ready for kindergarten

So since Faith has graduated from her PreK class and has went into summer fun I realize just how much she knows. She knows how to read clocks, count to one hundred, count by 5's and 10's. She recognizes all letters of the alphabet including their sounds. She recognizes blends such as "th", "sh", and "ch". She sounds words out and most of the time gets them right including if they are simple and don't follow the vowel rule. Her writing skills have improved tremendously. She is a great listener and follower of directions and really cares about learning and having fun. Last night we read "Countdown to kindergarten" and after that book she was so excited that kindergarten was going to start soon. However, once again, being a step ahead of other children I have immediately started thinking, what about the following year and where and what will she do. I know what I would like to do with her but it is convincing Bud that that is the best route for her. We will see what this year brings us and I will prepare for what is to come. Research, research, research.

No comments: