
Faith's teacher approached me yesterday at school. I knew that any day Faith would be having her reading evaluation. There were 52 words on her list to read and Faith read an amazingly 49 correct. Her teacher said she remembered the rules taught to her and even remember most of the sight words. A few just didn't follow either rule and those were hard. I know that she is going to become a great reader. She shows interest in trying to read bigger books now. I love our school. I worry about the day we move to another school in another state. Will that school program recognize Faith's special abilities or will she get lost in the crowd? I hope that after just a few weeks they will notice her and enjoy her as much as her teacher's do now. She was introduced to subtraction yesterday at school and that seemed easy enough for her. I just can't get it into my head that she is only 4 and not actually supposed to be in kindergarten yet. She missed the cutoff my 6 months. She definitely belongs in this class. Any other would not do her learning any justice.
No comments:
Post a Comment