Thursday, December 16, 2010

Storytime live

Tonight Faith and I opted out of the usual storytime and ventured into town to visit a local church. What a beautiful sight. Neither of us had seen anything like it. There was the manger. A lonely donkey grazed in the hay. A sheep and goat stood next to each other grazing on grasses and a talk oxen stood ever so quiet in the corner. Faith quickly went to pet the animals. A live nativity just like the one Jesus was born in thousands of years ago. Just as it was to begin a large camel came walking up draped in the most beautiful red sequence that the eyes have seen. The Magi's camel had arrived. Everything was set. The speaker began reading the story from the Bible and Faith was intent on listening. It was a blistering 25 degrees out but her snow pants, coat, mittens, hat and scarf kept her warm. The small choir sang songs such as Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Go Tell it on the Mountain, Silent Night, etc. It was beautiful. Baby Jesus came swaddled in a leather skin while the shepards came with there shepard's hook. I wish I could have seen the birth of our Savior. It would have been a sight to never forget. But I supposed that it was Christians who made it seem possible for us to be there today as we watched in awe the miracle that happened on that Christmas night.

No comments: